Search Engine Optimization (SEO) involves several tasks. You must be able to accomplish all of them so you can improve the search engine ranking of your website and subsequently increase traffic. You must not leave one of them unfinished or you may not be able to take full advantage of the ‘magic’ of SEO. To help you ensure that you are on the right track, below is the checklist:
– Have you already optimized your page title? Did you limit it to 60 characters? Did you make sure that it differs from the title of your content? If your answer is “Yes” to all these questions, then you can go to the next item. But wait, did you ever consider inserting your company name or your company tagline to the page title? If the number of characters still allows it, you may consider it. If not, stick to what you have already done.
– Did you assign description meta tag for each article? Did you insert keywords or keyword phrases? This is how you should optimize your description meta tag. Count the number of characters as well. Each should only have 200 characters. No more than two sentences.
– Did your headings comprise keywords or keyword phrases? Go back to your h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 and h6 headings and check.
– Read the body of each of your articles. Try to double check if you have three to four keywords or keyword phrases inserted. Web content should not be more than 500 words as well or you may bore your readers.
– Did you include descriptive Alt text to all your images? Confirm this with your web developer so search engines can still read and possibly index your images.
– Check your content for possible duplication. You do not want to receive penalty from Google and other search engines because of this, right?
– Did you place anchor text in all your articles? This will help you direct your visitors to different web pages. This will also assist search engines to easily understand the information contained in the anchor text and may possibly index your site and include it in search result pages.
– Have you searched for and registered to credible article directories? Have you submitted content to them? You should not forget to include backlinks, which will bring readers to your site.
– Did you see to it that your articles are easy to read and find? Go for quality content so search engines can index your content without any trouble.
– Did you hire or assign someone in your team to participate in forums, where discussions are related to the products or services that you are marketing? Did you ensure that these forums are active and among those that are popularly followed? The individual who will handle this must post information with wit to establish the reliability of the company he represents.
– Did you open a Facebook Page? This will help you make the most of your SEO campaign.
– Did you optimize your URL? This will aid users, as well as search engines, to easily recognize the value of your content.
This checklist will ensure that you are on the right direction. With this, you can easily check the progress of your SEO project.